It’s just mind blowing, what digitalization makes possible: far more for far less, more here. Happens in industry after industry. Education included. That’s why.
It changes what already is … to something else. Then what? Disruptive education.
If you read this you might be a bit like me. An educator, university level, professionally, educational manager, investor, edtech-startup, eternal learner. Perhaps you just find learning being among the coolest things ever invented. I do.
Or is it actually a discovery?
We seldom think of it daily, but education is among the biggest industries existing, and growing. And one of the most important. So, why not care, at a moment in time when it is changing?
This is in the binocular sight here:
- How to win on the market? New, better, solutions will continue to evolve in same speed as the digital development, Moore´s law for lunch. This industry change shape. How to prepare?
- How to create great E-learning? It’s not “digitalized education”, it is something else. Then what is it? We easily find lot of advises on the web, but what are the best advises?
- King Kongs? Traffic is King but content is King Kong. Good content-providers, “teachers”, will gain position, become rock-stars. How to become one?
- What is happening in the head of the customer/student? How do they redefine their perception of quality? What makes them do it? How will they learn in the future?
- How will this business landscape finally look like? How does established actors, like universities, business schools and corporate training centers respond?
- What about traffic generators and digital platforms? MOOC’s, YouTube, Siri, Google Ads, TripAdvisor-for-education etc. What are they able to achieve today, and tomorrow? How to use them?
- Prime Movers then? New actors, like digital crediting-centers, trackers, play-list-developers, gamificators, LMS-actors, Plug-ins and AI-tools will evolve even more than already. In what way should we care?
— ! —